Author Topic: Track temp  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Slashracer 47

• View Profile
    • Email
Track temp
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
I think the dirt indoor dirt track should be warmer. If it is heated then more people will show up. The more peolpe there are the more fun I have and I bet other people as well.
BIG FOOT

Offline Frozenpuppy

• View Profile
Re: Track temp
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
Welcome to the forums. RCE would be well out of business if they ran that heater every day. I once was considering pooling money from everyone in the dead of winter just to turn it on.
It's about 80$ a day says Todd.

Offline Blade Brown

• moderators
  • DrOp It LiKe ItS HoTT!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:13:54 AM »
Here we go again.... And u are..... Must Be someone with high Demands like that...   2 words... Get Some

Team RCE-JConcepts-O.S. Engines
Duratrax-TrakPower-O'Donnell Fuel

Kevin

Offline Spider Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 02:23:04 AM »
its warm outside
Team RCE

Offline randygrapes218

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
Here we go again.... And u are..... Must Be someone with high Demands like that...   2 words... Get Some
this coming from the man in the oven :P
dirtbikes are my life, but rc is growing on me.

Offline Basher

• moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »
This issue has been looked into. To heat that area would require 4 seperate natural gas blowers located in each corner.  And the cost of just running them on a Thur and Sun in the winter would be astronominical.  The practice and race fee's would more than double.  The room was never designed to be heated IE no insulation on walls or the roof.  Would we all love heat H3!! yes these poor old bones of mine sure would.  The only reason there is a small heated in the scoring booth is because the announcer is standing in one place for over 5 hours.  The rest of us are always moving around generating our own internal heat.

If there was a way for Todd to accomplish this and still stay viable then this would have been done by now.

To those about to loose it. Go for it. You can't take it with you.
X Factory X-60 / Team Associated GT2, B44, SC10, SC10 4X4/ Team Losi Mini-T and much more toys

Offline smokeshow72

• No brain, no pain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
It's APRIL for crying out loud; were you around in January when it was below freezing inside? Guess what, we had like 70 guys come down for a Thursday night race when it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. Buy some long johns, a watch cap, and suck it up.
Chris Moffatt

FT SC10.1.5  17.5 "Stock"

Offline InsaneShane

• AOL Instant Messenger - ezrydr411
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »
Most importantly buy a flannel shirt!
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Factory Team T4
RC8B kinda

Offline megawatt

• View Profile
    • http://mega-watt.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
You should have raced in Worcester. We had to put rock salt in a lawn spreader and run it around the track before each race to melt the ice enough for us to run and the bathroom facilities were outside in a porta jon NOW THAT IS COLD. So this place even in the dead of winter is like being in the Keys ^_^. But you know something I never missed a Thursday night and I never raced along because the fun out ways the cold any day. Get a coat, hat, and some gloves and come RACING MAN

Rick
PRO BOX Start pitting like a pro with PRO BOX  The Ultimate RC Pit Box. Designed by a racer for racers.

Offline kenjb82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
A viable  solution to all of Todd's problems would be a large pellet stove.  pellets are cheap a 3$ a bag and a bag would run all day.  he don't need to get it to 70 but it would keep that room aroun 40-50 which is a huge increase.  even if it raises the natural temperature 10 degree's that is worth it and the pellet stoves are reasonably cheap to purchase.  I know someone who heats a garage bigger than this with 1 pellet stove.  it is not warm but is is definitely much warmer than outside.

Offline trxfreak

• AOL Instant Messenger - Metallicaman153
    • View Profile
    • tamiyaclub
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
what about those portable heaters? you can get them mat wal-mart i think. like one at each table.. or a pellet stove.
never take life seriously, you never get out alive anyway.

Offline Joe B

• Seasonal Racer...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
You guys aware that it's nice out now?.....Charge up some batteries and head for the track!!!

Todd has a another 4-5 months to decide how and if he wants to address this "issue"
TLR 22 2.0, PL Pro_2 SCT
Visa
Master Card

Offline RCEnthusiast

• RS v203 = Ludicrous Speed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »
Time to have some fun in the sun!  :mellow:
Sponsor: MIP - Moore's Ideal Products - http://miponline.com/store/index.html
TLR Ten-SCTE 2.0 with MIP Pro4mance Kit - Tekin RX8/4300kV PRO4 HD
MIP Pro-Lite/1/8th E-buggy - Tekin RX8/T8i 1950kV
Home Track: RC Excitement - http://www.rcexcitement.com

Offline Basher

• moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »
what about those portable heaters? you can get them mat wal-mart i think. like one at each table.. or a pellet stove.

Do you have any idea how much power that would use putting a portable heater at each table.  A 1500 watt unit requires 12.5 amps each.  So it would require a 200amp panel for just the heater units alone costing around 30 bucks a night.  Sounds like a little but figure 2-3 nights a week.  Figure $100.00 a week. thats a lot of money.
X Factory X-60 / Team Associated GT2, B44, SC10, SC10 4X4/ Team Losi Mini-T and much more toys

Offline HillBilly

• View Profile
    • http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QQDAENTIcPs/SwEvnPNLBlI/AAAAAAAAJ5k/JLlA9FYdvjw/s1600/big+truck.JPG
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:24 AM »
no one is ever happy any more wait till we have no heat . and besides i think he is the only track to have heat ....   would u guy like some cheese wit the wine  or maybe some lime wit the tea  :rolleyes:
take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Offline trxfreak

• AOL Instant Messenger - Metallicaman153
    • View Profile
    • tamiyaclub
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »
just bring a jacket..
never take life seriously, you never get out alive anyway.

Offline Basher

• moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
no one is ever happy any more wait till we have no heat . and besides i think he is the only track to have heat ....   would u guy like some cheese wit the wine  or maybe some lime wit the tea  :rolleyes:

HillBilly you will never have a problem with heat.  If its Red wine a good cheese on a cracker is great.  You bringing it this Thur.

Offline HillBilly

• View Profile
    • http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QQDAENTIcPs/SwEvnPNLBlI/AAAAAAAAJ5k/JLlA9FYdvjw/s1600/big+truck.JPG
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:06 AM »
ok how about ritz
take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Offline Basher

• moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
with sharp chedder