Author Topic: Saturday Practice  (Read 3084 times)

Offline 2004hdfxsti

• View Profile
    • Email
Saturday Practice
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »
I just wanted to chime in.  I am new to r/c running on a track.  I practice once a week during the week and sometimes on saturdays.  While I was there this Saturday, there were a lot of rentals on the tracks and what seemed to be a lot of young kids.  Though I love the fact that they are getting involved, a lot of them seemed to think it was like a demolition derby, and also kept going the wrong way in the track.  I know that everyone is entitled to a good time, but for me to run my truck it costs money.  to fix my truck from someone driving improperly for a track and flagrantly bashing into me is frustratingand costs money.  If they break a rental, I am not sure what happens, but I doubt they have to pay for repairs.  I don't think they understand the damage they can do to other cars and how much it could cost to fix someones car.  I know I am not the best driver out there, but I know the basics of it and the courtesy to other drivers on the track! Could i suggest with the rentals that when it is a young driver, they are given some sort of crash course on track etiquette?

Offline HillBilly

• View Profile
    • http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QQDAENTIcPs/SwEvnPNLBlI/AAAAAAAAJ5k/JLlA9FYdvjw/s1600/big+truck.JPG
    • Email
Re: Saturday Practice
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »
i hate to say this but i think saturdays are best for familes to come "play" . the best time to run is tuesday or wendesday or friday if not just take your truck off until they leave thats my 2 cents
take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Offline RCEnthusiast

• RS v203 = Ludicrous Speed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 07:24:34 AM »
Usually I use Saturdays to improve my traffic dodging skills but do tend to wait sometimes for the larger group of kids to get off the track if I'm trying to do a real run. The good thing about kids is parents usually don't stay the whole time so just be patient if it starts to get a bit much. There's always something to maintain on a vehicle that you probably should do more often.

This coming weekend is a full two-day race weekend so you should come out this time since there will be organized racing Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you then!

Remember, you can always choose to wait a few minutes before going out on the track. I pick my time slots very carefully for test and tune days.
Sponsor: MIP - Moore's Ideal Products - http://miponline.com/store/index.html
TLR Ten-SCTE 2.0 with MIP Pro4mance Kit - Tekin RX8/4300kV PRO4 HD
MIP Pro-Lite/1/8th E-buggy - Tekin RX8/T8i 1950kV
Home Track: RC Excitement - http://www.rcexcitement.com

Offline Sal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
Get a Sedan and hit the Carpet, you will really improve your driving skills and there is usually not many children.

Offline RCExcitement

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rcexcitement.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
I just wanted to chime in.  I am new to r/c running on a track.  I practice once a week during the week and sometimes on saturdays.  While I was there this Saturday, there were a lot of rentals on the tracks and what seemed to be a lot of young kids.  Though I love the fact that they are getting involved, a lot of them seemed to think it was like a demolition derby, and also kept going the wrong way in the track.  I know that everyone is entitled to a good time, but for me to run my truck it costs money.  to fix my truck from someone driving improperly for a track and flagrantly bashing into me is frustratingand costs money.  If they break a rental, I am not sure what happens, but I doubt they have to pay for repairs.  I don't think they understand the damage they can do to other cars and how much it could cost to fix someones car.  I know I am not the best driver out there, but I know the basics of it and the courtesy to other drivers on the track! Could i suggest with the rentals that when it is a young driver, they are given some sort of crash course on track etiquette?

You are absolutely right about giving them a crash course on track etiquette.  I will work out a program to hopefully alleviate the chaos.

Offline 2004hdfxsti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
It is great that the kids get involved, I guess it is just frustrating when you are trying to avoid a demolition derby when you are trying to get better as a driver of a track.

By the way, do they have novice classes on race night? If they do, are there any rules on the vehicle you use?

Offline smokeshow72

• No brain, no pain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
You are absolutely right about giving them a crash course on track etiquette.  I will work out a program to hopefully alleviate the chaos.

I see the signs saying "no one under 14 without supervision" but [2] weeks ago I was down on a Saturday, which I won't do again if I can help it, and there were [3] kids standing in the middle of the track bashing your rentals into each other and every stationary object around; no adult to be seen. I pointed out to them that they shouldn't be standing on the track, and [2] out of three complied immediately; the third did so after I whizzed by him at WOT a couple of times and he began to see the reason for the rule. I understand that you have a limited staff, and that you don't run a day care, so I don't fault RCE for the behavior [I'd rather have your guys out front where they can help me and the other customers with parts, questions, etc], but maybe a quick sweep through the dirt track every half hour to see who is doing what might tone down the inappropriate stuff.
Chris Moffatt

FT SC10.1.5  17.5 "Stock"

Offline InsaneShane

• AOL Instant Messenger - ezrydr411
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »
RC is a hobby for all ages. I will not go down on a saturday because there are either lots of little kids going the opposite way down the track or there are 1/8th scale buggys in the hands of bashers. No offense to anyone but if you are trying to hone in on your skills it can get expensive and frustrating. Practicing on weeknights has always been a favorite of mine. Like I said I dont fault anyone for not being able to drive the track properly, everyone has to start somewhere. On a second not I believe its great for everyone to come down and support RCE and use the track.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Factory Team T4
RC8B kinda

Offline RCExcitement

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »
but maybe a quick sweep through the dirt track every half hour to see who is doing what might tone down the inappropriate stuff.

Great idea!  I also appreciate the help in policing a negative situation.

Thanks,
Todd

Offline smokeshow72

• No brain, no pain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
I have no problem trying to help keep things in line; I even drilled my own buddy in the leg because he was standing on the edge of the straight. The thing I don't want [and you don't want] is getting in a chest bumping match with somebody because I "shouldn't be telling his kid what to do." Obviously everyone isn't down there trying to shave a half second off their lap times, and we all started out somewhere, but the intentional silliness belongs in the parking lot and not on the track.
Chris Moffatt

FT SC10.1.5  17.5 "Stock"

Offline InsaneShane

• AOL Instant Messenger - ezrydr411
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
but maybe a quick sweep through the dirt track every half hour to see who is doing what might tone down the inappropriate stuff.

Great idea!  I also appreciate the help in policing a negative situation.

Thanks,
Todd

Sounds like a great idea.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Factory Team T4
RC8B kinda

Offline Traxxas fan123

• View Profile
    • Tylers Computer Website
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
im a kid and i go back wards somtimes but i ake sure no one is coming and i shouldnt be going back wards in the 1st place but i NEVER EVER will bash around or stand on the track and drive
Duratrax Maximum Bx (Please Help :P)
T4.1 Brushless 2.4

Offline RCExcitement

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »
There is absolutely no going backwards on the track regardless if you feel its safe to do so.  The track is designed to go in one direction and the jumps can be broken apart when you don't clear them and hit the backside.  Please treat the track as a track and not a bash area.  Leave that for outside at home.

Offline Traxxas fan123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
got ya ok i dont do it antmore i just did it with my mini dt wich got destroyed going down backwards down the strait guys always ran me over no matter what direction
T4.1 Brushless 2.4

Offline HillBilly

• View Profile
    • http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QQDAENTIcPs/SwEvnPNLBlI/AAAAAAAAJ5k/JLlA9FYdvjw/s1600/big+truck.JPG
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
if i see ya coming the wrong way the 4x4 will be watching  :wacko:
take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Offline Traxxas fan123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 06:14:11 AM »
id get killed  :angry: and thats why i dont do it any more :ph34r:
T4.1 Brushless 2.4

Offline AaronH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 08:23:48 PM »
RC is a hobby for all ages. I will not go down on a saturday because there are either lots of little kids going the opposite way down the track or there are 1/8th scale buggys in the hands of bashers. No offense to anyone but if you are trying to hone in on your skills it can get expensive and frustrating. Practicing on weeknights has always been a favorite of mine. Like I said I dont fault anyone for not being able to drive the track properly, everyone has to start somewhere. On a second not I believe its great for everyone to come down and support RCE and use the track.
I sometimes see Matt walking around the pits during the races when theres more than just him and Kevin working in the shop but I can't see him doing that every 30min on saturdays
B44.2  6.5                      BL Nano CPX
B5M     8.5                     180CFX
(F/S) SC10.2                 ZMR250 Racing Quad
6s Revo                          (F/S) 350QX
D8T

And too many to count   
Official pit man for rc dad